Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Get Hurt / Have Mercy

So, I guess I married The Gaslight Anthem about a month ago, in one way or another.
If I sat here long enough, I could probably explain this tattoo in gross detail, ad nauseum.
But I won't.
There's really no point.

The short of it is:
The Gaslight Anthem is the only band that has never let me down.
The only band who actually I'd feel guilty about not buying their new album, the day it comes out.
Since I started college about 89 years ago, TGA has helped me through everything.
Every.Single.Thing.
I don't know how or why.
I just really, really, really love this band.

The heart is semi-fucked up & the placement is way off, but I guess that just gives it character.
Anyone who didn't like Get Hurt, didn't understand it.
And the first time I heard the song "Have Mercy", I knew I was getting it tattooed to me.
That's never happened before.
But I'm so glad it did.

It's been 5 years since my last tattoo, but it's safe to say I'm back in the game.
I hope my body & bank account are ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment