Thursday, June 23, 2011

Random Update:


Okay, so I just spent about 30 mintutes trying to find a video to add above this post because every fucking video I wanted had its embedding code disabled.
Shit.
Decided to go with an Oveous Maximus poem...just cause he's always relevant in my life.
I can't get enough of Ove's poetry & I love how funny (& a little strange) he is.
So how's summer been going for me?
I haven't done shit in about 3 weeks.
No shit. Nothing.
I've had some very minor family drama going on, but that's something I'm not sure I need to be getting into on the internet.
It mainly invovles me & another family member & since my mom (a.k.a. the only person in my family I have a strong relationship with) doesn't want to talk about it, I've been struggling with it on my own.
Let me put it this way:
I hate when people don't come through with what they say they're going to do.
& I hate when people decide to finally make an effort after 20 years worth of opportunities has already gone by.
The nice thing about being an adult is, I get to make my own decisions about who comes in & out of my life.
Drama hunts women down like they got their period in a shark tank & I refuse to be another victim of it.
I fucking hate games.

So since my summer 2011 has been so unbelievably eventful, I've had a lot of time to think about what next semester is going to be like.
Ridiculously busy, obviously.
I have classes every single day & I'm considering dropping a class or three already.
My summer days so far have been filled with lethal amounts of Immortal Technique interviews, take-out & conflicted feelings.
I've been falling alseep around 5 a.m. every night (morning?) & waking up at 11 or 12 in the afternoon.
I don't know what my deal is.
I guess that's just the way summer vacay goes.

On the real though, I've been listening to a lot of The Saturdays.
Yup, the bubble-gum, picture-perfect girl group from the U.K.
Literally cannot stop listening to them.
...It's becoming a problem.
I'm slowly slipping out of my 6 year obsession with The Veronicas & I'm thinking maybe my heart is just trying to fill the void that they're leaving, but whatever.
The Saturdays are currently my head bitches & I'm not ashamed to say it.
On the subject of The Veronicas, however, I will hopefully be able to explain all unanswered questions in a post I've been working on for, I don't know, forever.
Every time I try to add to the post, I have to change something I said in the beginning because my feelings toward that band fluctuate so often.
I never had a hard time falling in love with those girls, it's just staying in love with them that has proved itself nearly impossible.
I'll try to crank that post out as soon as possible so everything I'm saying becomes a little more clear.

It's currently 1:20 a.m. & I'm listening to an Immortal Technique video interview with some hooker.
I keep flipping back & forth between that tab & this tab & let's just say, I'd rather be looking at this blindingly-white post box than watch this awkward, uninterested, fidgety woman interview one of the most amazing men on the planet.
I'm just listening his responses & then zoning out to the sound of my typing while she asks him questions.
Every time I flip back to the interview, she's standing closer to him.
This bitch literally has him pushed up against a counter.
I guess that's one way to get answers.

Anyway, I'm rambling.
Time for me to forget to wash my face & hit the sack.
Talk to you soon.
Goodnight.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment