Saturday, March 26, 2011

Back in Business...I Think.


There are very few things I love more than Dillinger Escape Plan interviews.
Most awkward interviewer on the planet?
I tried for over an hour last night to make a new post, but I was so sick I could barely sit at the computer.
Feeling much better today.
I had a whole rant partially written up about a video of The Veronicas performing '4-Ever' in Malaysia.
After only getting about 3 sentences typed out before stumbling over to the couch & passing out, I realized how pointless the post was.
Basically, it was beyond obvious they were lip-syncing.
Not because it sounded perfect.
Not because their lips didn't move in time with the songs.
But because, they often moved the mic away from their mouths...& the voices continued to sing loud & clear.
Fucked up.
I don't know what gets into "artists".
Although I've lost almost all respect for Hayley Williams & the Hayley Williams Band, at least she never lip-syncs.
Moving on, I really don't have too much to talk about tonight.
I have a big paper due on Tuesday & thanks to my sickness & laziness, I haven't even started.
Oh well.
Beyond stoked about the fact Greg Puciato has a Tumblr now (gregpuciato.tumblr.com).
I'm just kind of annoyed that everyone is getting a Tumblr these days.
Not to sound like a hipster but I was obsessed with Tumblr in the summer of 2009 when the highest amounts of reblogs & likes hardly ever reached 1,000.
Now when I go back to Tumblr, people's posts are getting up to 50,000.
I think once people like Hayley Williams caught on to it, everyone got one so that they could follow her & then word of mouth spread it even further.
Nowadays, no one is original on Tumblr anymore.
It's all reblogs & nonsense.
...But I'll continue to go back & check Greg's.
Why couldn't he follow Liam's wise footsteps & get a Blogger with the rest of the cool kids?
Anyway, I'm gonna organize some of my online files & try to figure out how to get a life.
I'll talk to you later...

No comments:

Post a Comment