Friday, November 19, 2010

Shameful Josh Update:


So...I haven't yet bought Josh's new album...& I'm feeling just semi-awful about it.
I've been reading some hot & cold reviews on it, & no one really seems to have a solid opinion except for the diehard Grobanites who are just happy he made another album.
As I said about two weeks ago, I've been blasting one of his singles, Voce Existe Em Mim, like a mad woman. However, the greatness of that single is only matched by the lackluster-ness of, Hidden Away & Higher Window, two more singles he's actually promoting now.
I downloaded all three singles at the same time & Hidden Away as well as Higher Window still have yet to interest me half as much as Voce Existe Em Mim (even though English is the only language I'm fluent in).
Someone on iTunes said Illuminations sounds like a shitty inspirational Christian album which, surprisingly, doesn't make me want to buy it & blast it in my car like some old-school Lamb of God.
After the unblievable explosion of popularity Josh endured with his third studio album, Awake, he'd have to put something out that is no less than spectacular to outdo himself.
I'm not sure if he did it, but I guess the only way to find out is to buy that fucking album & continue to support a man with a voice bigger than any stadium you try to contain it in.
I'm listening to Voce Existe Em Mim now for the hundredth time & I'm still getting chills like I've never heard it before.
That, in itself, is enough for me to give the entire album a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment