Saturday, July 31, 2010

Selfishness is one of the worst attributes a person can possess.
I think Hayley Williams said it well:
You don't deserve a point of view, if the only thing you see is you.
A girl I've come to know (I'd be lying at this point to call her my friend), seems get more & more self-centered with each passing day.
Her boyfriend & other friends support it, but after a while, that shit gets on my nerves.
She woke me up with a text this morning inviting me to her birthday dinner at Olive Garden, ending the text wtih: 'I'll be pretty upset if you don't go. It'll be hard to be friends after that.'
Threat?
This is the same girl who freaked out on me in a Target 3 weeks before my birthday & didn't have the common courtesy to wish me a happy birthday on the actual day.
Now she wants me to drop $20+ at a shitty Americanized-Italian restaurant, just to keep our friendship intact?
I'll pass.
Truthfully, I don't have money to spend on food I don't even like & I don't have to patience to sit around & honor this girl who only seems to honor herself.
So no, I'm not going to be there that night.
I'll probably spend the night alone, reading in my room but I can guarantee I'll be much happier.
She, her much more tolerant than I friends, & her pussy boyfriend can enjoy a night dedicated to a girl who never once steps outside of herself to see the world around her.
Count me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment