Thursday, July 1, 2010


I bought the new Emarosa album today (2 days late, I know) & my faith in life has been restored. Yeah, that sounds a little dramatic but I listened to part of it on the drive home & I'm sure I looked like a psychopath drving alone with the biggest, most satisfied grin on my face. I have an incredible amount of respect for the instrumentalists of Emarosa but the truth of the matter is, without Jonny, they would still be a completely different band; one that would probably still be unknown to most. Jonny drives me fucking crazy talking about his ex-girlfriends like they're trash, calling all of his mostly white friends 'nigga', & continuing to live up to his asshole reputation. The bottom line is: He has something more than a talent, he has a gift. His voice gives me chills, it makes me happy, it makes me feel good about my life. Again, sounds dramatic. You'd have to hear it for yourself to understand. For the thousandth time, I don't care who Jonny Craig really is or is not. As long as he continues to sing, I will continue to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment