Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Shit I've Been Listening to Obsessively This Summer ('09)

This post was badass & I don't even remember writing it.
I'll try to get summer '10 down before school starts. So far it's only been old throwback shit.


I know it’s cheesy, but it made me really sad to say “this summer”. It kind of reminded me that this summer is coming to an end. Anyway…

- Ludo. Anything & everything that I could possibly get my hands on. From their Broken Bride Ep, to their full length You’re Awful, I Love You. It has been a VERY Ludo summer for me.

-(we are) PARAMORE! I bought The Final Riot! a few weeks before my graduation & I haven’t stopped rocking it since. I’d had Riot! on my iPod since the day it came out but I’d never really listened to it until this summer. And, of course I had to go back to basics with All We Know Is Falling. They are a truly incredible band.

-old Dance Gavin Dance, new Emarosa, & Jonny Craig. I’m sure you’re sensing a common factor here. (if not then, shame) What can I say? The dude has one of the most beautiful voices I’ve ever heard in my life. It gets to the point where I stop caring what people have to say about him. As long as he continues to sing, I’ll continue to listen.

-The Gaslight Anthem. I don’t think I’ve ever said this before about any band/artist/whatever, but The Gasligh Anthem has made me fall back in love with music. I don’t remember ever falling completely out of love with music but there was deffinately a point where I started losing hope. (somewhere in between the Miley Cyrus & Jonas Brothers’ craze). I’ve been blasting The ‘59 Sound (the album, not just the song) all summer & it’s made me feel the way I used to feel when I was a little kid & I heard something new that made me feel alive. They are an insane band & Brian Fallon’s voice has been my comfort zone these past 2 1/2 months.

- Jon Lajoie. He’s hot & he makes me laugh until I cry. Check out his YouTube account & his new CD, You Want Some of This? on iTunes. You won’t regret it.

- Asteria. I’ve been listening to Asteria since I was probably in about 9th or 10th grade but this summer, I’ve been listening to them like a brand new band. All of their albums are amazing but I would recemmend Slip Into Something More Comfortable, or “We Wasted Everything” off of their CD, A Lesson in Charades. Just an idea…

-Kings of Leon. Hasn’t everyone been fucking listening to them lately? They are a great band & no one can sing like Caleb. The End.

-Josh Groban. He’s one of my favorite people in the entire world. I listen to him every day, all year. So, I guess he’s been a large part of this summer.

-Maxwell. He new album, BLACKsummer’snight, is infuckingcredible. Perfect summer album.

-Incubus. I bought their Alive at Red Rocks dvd in the begining of the summer & though it came out in 2004, it’s one of the most timeless concerts one could possibly own. I love all of Incubus’ music & I’ve been stoked on their greatest hits album Monuments & Melodies all summer. Brandon Boyd also has one hell of a voice.

-Bo Burnham. Another person who makes me laugh uncontrolably. His self-titled CD is pure fucking gold & it would take a lot to convince me that he is not a genius.

-Asher Roth. Not too big on the ‘College’ song, but I went ahead & bought his album anyway. “Fallin’” is by far the best track & the rest is listen-worthy.

-Butch Walker. I can’t say he means more to me than my family & friends cause that just sounds weird (even though it’s true). Much like Josh Groban, Butch is one of my favorite people in the world. I’ve never seen anyone love music more than he does & it is intoxicating to see him live. There’s not a whole lot I can say to discribe how I feel about his music so let’s just say, IT’S MY EVERYTHING. Butch has probably taken up the most of my ears’ time this summer. And that’s just fine by me…

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment